How do I find the model number of my Monessen product?
Each of our units has a rating plate attached to it that lists both the model and serial number. The rating plate is located in a unique area depending on your appliance type.
- For gas fireplace systems it is typically attached near the control valve, behind the lower or side control door.
- For gas log-sets, it is attached near the control valve and most installers will slide it underneath the unit to maintain the aesthetic appeal of the set.
- Rating plates for gas stoves are either attached to the rear shroud or can be found near the control valve (see location of gas fireplace systems).
- Wood-burning fireplaces will have them affixed either to the metal floor of the fireplace (underneath the floor brick) or at the top right of the combustion chamber (above the brick located on the right side).
- The rating plate for wood-burning inserts can be found below the firebox, attached to a small cable.
- For wood-burning stoves, it is typically attached to the rear casting of the stove.
- Rating plates for electric fireplaces can be found either inside the control panel or inside the unit, behind the glass